Come winter, I crave fresh citrus. The cherry on top of citrus season is the blood orange with it’s bold colour and flavour. This week I learned a new term for something I’ve been doing for years. To supreme. It is how you cut the orange for this recipe. You remove the peel by cutting the top and bottom of the orange flat then gliding the knife from top to bottom all around until peeled. Then you slice on an angle each segment so if falls gently out of each section. I like to squeeze whatever is left in my hands after going around the whole orange either into my mouth or into the salad dressing.
|Cook Time:||0 min|
|Prep Time:||10 min|
|Total Time:||10 min|
2. Toss greens in vinaigrette.
3. Place the greens on a plate.
4. Slice the avocado into crescent shaped slices.
5. Supreme the blood orange.
6. Arrange avocado and orange over the greens.
* Vermouth Vinegar
* Dijon mustard
* Olive oil
* Camp Mix
* a large handful of micro greens or baby spinach
* 1 avocado sliced into segments
* 1 blood orange supremed (see above)