When I first saw this ice cream sandwich in a pretzel bun I was not sure about it. I love salty and sweet but I thought it might be too bready. After the first bite though, I was obsessed. I’d trade this for a regular ice cream sandwich any day.
You will need a stove (or toaster oven), a slider bun and ice cream to start.
- Take your slider bun and brush it all over with butter
- Sprinkle some Dark Cocoa Espresso Sugar on the outside of the bun. You can also use regular sugar mixed with cocoa, vanilla sugar, or plain sugar.
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and put the bun in the oven for 3 – 5 minutes (If the bun is frozen, allow 5-10 minutes.)
- Take the bun out of the oven and cut it in half
- Scoop some of your favorite ice cream and place it on the bun
- Place the other side of the bun on top
- Role the edges of the ice cream over a dish filled with Dark Cocoa Espresso Sugar or add sprinkles to taste.
The Eastern Standard Provisions pretzel buns are available for purchase here.