This is taken from Canadian Living. It was a holiday insert of theirs from a couple years ago.
The ingredients are layared into a clear jar. Be sure to attach the instructions for cooking. If you want to take it up a notch, get a basket to put the “fresh” ingredients in along with the mix.
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 1/2 cups large flake rolled oats
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. of baking powder
1/2 tsp. of baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt.
Directions (for you)
In a tall wide-mouthed jar large enough to hold 5 cups (42 Fl. Oz) neatly layer the chocolate chips, cranberries, coconut and rolled oats, packing down each layer. Sprinkle the cinnamon around the edge.
In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Spoon this mixture over the cinnamon and oats.
Seal the jar. Print out the cooking directions and add your finishing touches to the packaging.
Directions (to add to the jar)
2/3 cup butter or soft margarine
1 cup packed light brown sugar
Oatmeal Cookie Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment
- In a bowl, beat butter with sugar until light, beat in egg.
- Stir in flour mixture from top of the mix until blended
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients from the jar.
- Drop by 1 Tbsp, 2 inches apart onto baking sheet
- Cook for 12-15 minutes until godlen on bottoms and edges are crisp.
- Transfer to rack and cool
Bon appetit. ttyl your BFF (Boston Family Foodie)
For more info:
Chipper Cookie Mix (also from Canadian Living)