Cocktail Party Quick Pickle Recipe
(Inspired by Momofuku Vinegar Pickles)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of rice wine vinegar ( use only 1/2 cup at a time)
- 6 heaping tsp granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- a 1/4 cup or so of pickling spices (I used the ones from Arax Market)
- Around 2 lbs of any veggies you like but think about what you are pickling you don’t want things that will get slimy or disintegrate. Here is what I used.
- 1 lb. of green beans (topped and tailed)
- 3/4 lb of carrots (cut into spears no thicker than 1/2 inch)
- some small radishes sliced about 1/4 inch or so.
- Prep your veggies. I scrubbed but did not peel the carrots and radishes. Place veggies in a bowl loose or jar packed in fairly tight.
- In a pot, combine water, 1/2 cup of the rice wine vinegar, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil.
- At a boil add in the extra 1/2 cup of rice wine vinegar and throw in the pickling spices.
- Turn off the element/gas.
- Pour the hot liquid over the veggies and let cool on the counter. If you are using a bowl, you will need to push the veggies down. Put a layer of plastic wrap directly over the veggies to keep them submerged.
- Once cool, put the bowl/jar in the fridge for at least 3 days. Then dig in!