- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 shallot or 2 small onion, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, finely minced
- 1 1⁄2cups arborio rice
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
Can be made vegetarian by using vegetable stock or “no chicken” broth here.
- 1 -1 1⁄2cup fresh grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of Bell’s Seasoning
- In a presssure cooker, heat 3 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbs butter. Add shallots/onions, carrots, celery and saute until shallots/onions are translucent.
- Add rice and stir until rice is coated with oil.
- Add chicken broth and Bell’s Seasoning.
- Cover and cook under high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Release pressure and add remaining 2 TBS of butter. Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve.
- If the rice still has a little bite to it continue cooking under high pressure for 2 more minutes.